Cricket Malawi is currently in the process of looking for a national men’s Head Coach and High Performance Manager following the departure of ex-Ireland international Andre Botha.
It is currently an exciting time for Malawi’s cricketers with the women’s national team taking part in the ICC’s T20 World Cup qualification pathway for the first time, and the men’s team looking to improve performances in regional tournaments.
The Head Coach and High-Performance Manager will be responsible for four dimensions of Malawi’s overall growth and development as a cricketing nation:
- Coaching the Malawi Men’s Senior National and Male U-19 teams on a full- time basis with specific emphasis on preparing teams for tours and tournaments;
- Preparing, implement and monitor high performance coaching programs for all of National Men’s and Women’s, regional and age group talent squads;
- Mentoring duties in improving the output of local coaches and handpicking and preparing coaches for representative squad coaching roles;
- Designing and implement coaching programs for Cricket Malawi’s talent development wing, The Cricket Academy.
Key requirements to apply for the role are:
- Minimum of a CSA/ECB/CA Level 3 coaching certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of cricket coaching age group/senior provincial or national teams
- Be up to date with the latest coaching techniques and methods
The closing date for applications is 1st January 2021, are to be addressed to the Cricket Operations Manager; Arjun Menon and can be sent to email@example.com.
You’re reading Emerging Cricket — brought to you by a passionate group of volunteers with a vision for cricket to be a truly global sport, and a mission to inspire passion to grow the game.
Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, please subscribe for regular updates, and follow EC on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Don’t know where to start? Check out our features list, country profiles, and subscribe to our podcast.
Support us from US$2 a month — and get exclusive benefits, by becoming an EC Patron.